St Mabyn Village News

News from the village of St.Mabyn in North Cornwall...

Monday, May 05, 2008

Church roof


The very inclement weather with high winds and rain made it too dangerous for several days to erect the scaffolding and consequently this is running two weeks behind schedule but the contractors hope to make up some lost time and finish by late summer. Save the Date! Sunday 16 November, the Patronal Festival Service for St Mabena will be the service of thanksgiving to celebrate the successful conclusion of the restoration of our historic parish church. Our Patron, Sir David Brewer, and representatives of grant-giving bodies will attend and a warm invitation is extended to all to come and join us at this joyful time.
Congratulations and Best Wishes to Sir David Brewer, Patron of St Mabyn Church Restoration Appeal on his appointment as Lord Lieutenant of Greater London.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane Olivia said...

I would like to get in touch with Sue from South Australia who posted Band of Hope on 1st May 2008 because Maudie (Arthur's sister) was my grandmother. Unfortunately she predeceased me, but I knew Arthur's other two sisters, my great aunts, Rhoda (the baby in the picture) who lived to 98 and her older sister, Sarah (later called Gladys)who lived to 94. I would love a copy of this photo minus the dots to show to Maudie's daughter, my mother, Olive (now 83). Could you put me in touch with Sue who posted this photo as I would really like to make contact with her and my Australian relatives.

Friday, 15 August, 2008  
Blogger Jane Olivia said...

Dear Sue from South Australia, Thank you for posting the Band of Hope picture of St Mabyn taken in 1904. We are related as Maudie was my grandmother. She died before I was born, but my mother, Olive (now 83) has told me a lot about her and I knew my great aunts, Rhoda (the baby in the picture!) who lived to 98, and Sarah (who I knew a Auntie Gladys) who lived to 94. I would love to get in touch with you and my Australian relatives. Is it possible for you to email me this picture without the dots as I'd like to print it and show my mum, Olive, the picture of her mother, Maudie, as little girl. Mum would be so happy to see it as it shows all her aunts and uncles and her grandparents, too. What a wonderful photograph. Thanks so much for posting it.

Friday, 15 August, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory for Bodmin, Cornwall Top Resources Blogs