SAMARA'S AID APPEAL
Wanted – knitting wool and knitting cotton for blankets and garment's for Samara's Aid Appeal!
We are undertaking a 6 month knitting challenge to support Samara in her latest appeal for resources for Syria and Iraq. If you have any double knitting wool or knitting cotton, please drop it off into the basket at the font, St Mabyn Church.
We will be making the following:
- Hospital blankets: made from cotton blends (not woollen yarns or double knit). These blankets must be suitable for use in hot Middle Eastern Summers.
- Blankets for adults, new mothers and the elderly (these can be wool)
- Baby clothes including hats/bonnets, mittens, socks, cardigans
- Children's clothes including jumpers, cardigans, mittens, scarves, hats, socks
- Adult clothes including hats, scarves, jumpers, cardigans, shawls, socks
NB- Strong colours are recommended over pastels and whites as it is difficult for many displaced people to wash their clothes.
Look out for patterns and further information – coming soon!
For further local information, please contact – Jan Fisher – 01208 852182, or see www.samarasaidappeal.org
'RELIEF OF SUFFERING THROUGH THE PROVISION OF HUMANITARIAN AID'
For Richard Jenkin