St Mabyn Village News

News from the village of St.Mabyn in North Cornwall...

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Parish Council Election November 2006

St Mabyn Parish Council Election
Memorial Hall
Thursday 23rd November 2006
08.00 – 21.00hrs
No Polling Cards Needed
To fill ONE Casual Vacancy

There are two Candidates standing for election -

Candidate: Barry Kent, Bramble Cottage, Station Road, St Mabyn.
"I am 55 years old and have been married for 30 years. I have lived in villages for most of my life. Because I have lived in St Mabyn for over 2 years; and having semi-retired I look forward to serving the community in the future.
My career was in teaching and I worked in primary schools for 30 years. For 12 of these years I was a headteacher of a Junior School. I gained wide experience of working with councils, dealing with departments as varied as finance to planning.
My greatest interest in teaching was to develop sporting skills in young children. I coached football, cricket and hockey. I was also successful in obtaining Lottery funding for a sports hall in my school local community. I served on various council committees.
I now work a few days a year as an Educational Consultant, visiting several local schools.
My interests are sport, gardening and reading.
I do not belong to any other organisations or committees within the parish and therefore have no conflict of interest."


Candidate: Paul Menhenitt "If I do get elected then I will listen to what the villagers want but I do not make promises that can not be kept and that is why i am being honest to you now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory for Bodmin, Cornwall Top Resources Blogs