St Mabyn Village News

News from the village of St.Mabyn in North Cornwall...

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Parish Council meeting minutes November 2014

Minutes of the Meeting of St Mabyn Parish Council held on Tuesday, 4th November 2014 in the Memorial Hall, St Mabyn at 7.40pm.

Present:  Cllrs. M Grigg (Chairman), Mrs A Martin (Vice Chairman), D Masters, R Chadwick, M Menhneitt,
R Clark.

Also attending:  Mrs J Hoskin (Parish Clerk)
PCSO Linda Thomas (Police Neighbourhood Team) arrived at 8.05pm.

At this point of the meeting it was agreed that the Clerk contacts the Hall Booking Secretary stating that the Parish Council requires the Hall from 7.00pm on the first Tuesday of each month.   A keep fit group had a booking prior to the Parish Council meeting and had not finished until 7.30pm causing a delay to the start of the meeting.

1.Public Session:  There were no members of the public present.
Cornwall Council : No report received.

Police:  PCSO Linda Thomas present the police report.  PCSO Thomas had been away from work for the past six weeks so had been unable to visit the village.  Figures indicated no reported crimes from July to the end of October 2014.  Cllr Mrs C Bray highlighted an incident at her home but it was noted that this crime had been reported in Wadebridge so was not recorded under the Bodmin Rural Neighbourhood area.
A theft of milk from the shop had not been reported as a crime and the police had identified the culprit and the matter had been dealt with.  
PCSO Thomas continued to visit the school and discussions were being held about a traffic survey / speed watch involving the children.
PC Laurie O’Toole felt the Council had no issues with the parking on the road / pavement adjacent to the public house, but it was confirmed  this was not the case and the Council welcomed the support of the police in addressing these problems.  It was noted that no alternative parking areas were available and this did cause problems in this area of the village. If a new parking area was developed, drivers could be asked to park elsewhere.
New legislation had been published in relation to antisocial behavior.  
The Police monthly surgeries were likely to be held on a different day to the Parish Council meeting and PCSO Thomas asked for ideas of days / times.

2. Apologies for non attendance were received from Cllrs, Mrs P Lloyd, A Finnamore,

3. Members Declarations of Interest:  None declared at this stage of the meeting.

4.  Minutes:  The Minutes of the Meeting held on the 7th October 2014, as circulated, were approved and signed by the Chairman.



5.  Matters Arising:
Item 5 (12) Weed spraying – The question was asked as to whether or not the weed spraying had been done.   The Clerk agreed to contact the contractor.

Item 5 (12) Overgrown hedge – Cllr D Masters confirmed the hedge had been trimmed,

Item 8 CC LMP Footpaths – Cllr. D Masters had uncovered the footpath way marker post in Bramble Lane. 

Item 12 Dog Fouling – Cllr R Clark had obtained free information posters from Keep Britain Tidy advising dog owners to pick up after their pets.  The Council would need to pay for additional posters.
Cllr D Masters will notify the school when the CCTV camera had been installed.

6.  Planning Applications / Planning Matters:
PA14/07766  Mr Robert Davey, land east of 4 Longstone, St Mabyn –
Construction of 2 No. detached single family dwellings within the garden of No. 4 Longstone, 
St Mabyn.  The Clerk advised the Council that this application had been withdrawn on the
28th October 2014.

PA14/09952 and PA14/10100 Messrs. C B and JBS Mutton, Burlerrow Farm, Wadebridge Road, 
St MabynProposed fire destroyed replacement barn – Phase 1 and Phase 2.
The Parish Council support these applications.

At this point of the meeting the noise levels of the micanthus drying machine was reported and the Chairman agreed to contact Mr James Mutton in relation to this.

(PCSO Linda Thomas arrived and presented the police report – recorded under Item 1 of this meeting)

7.  Accounts / Financial Matters:  Councillors approved the cheque payments presented.
The finance report is issued as Part 2 of these minutes.

Precept for 2015/2016: The Clerk asked Councillors to consider projects and expenditure for the forthcoming year in preparation for setting the precept at the next meeting.

8.  CC LMP Foopaths:  Also discussed under Item 5 of this meeting.
The Clerk will contact Cornwall Council for a new stile kit.  
It was noted that cattle were destroying the stone hedges on the footpath below the village green.  The Chairman agreed to contact the tenant  farmer /landowner.

9.  Playing Field:  Cllr D Masters reported on recent inspections with no additional matters identified.  The fixings pins on the swings had been replaced.
Having received a quotation for the replacement of the ‘A’ frame tyre swing it was agreed to invite a representative from the Outdoor Play People to a site meeting to discuss the options to repair / replace this equipment.
Cllr M Menhenitt agreed to speak to local contractors about trimming the boundary hedges, inside and outside the field.
Cllr R Chadwick offered to carry out the inspections for the forthcoming month.

10.  Correspondence:
  • The Saints Way Schools Academy Trust – Information on proposals for a new car park.  Agreed to place this item on the agenda for the next meeting.  Also and invite to attend the 2nd Anniversary event at St Petroc’s Church, Bodmin on the 1st December 2014.
  • Police and Crime Commissioner – Notification of public event and surgeries at Hatherleigh and Launceston on 7th and 14th November 2014 (to be placed on the notice board).
  • Clerks & Councils Direct – Magazine
  • Peninsula Community Health – Annual Review 2013-2014.

11.  To Agree / Discuss:
  • Provision of a Parish Council notice board in Station Road – update:  Cllr M Menhenitt reported that the notice board was being constructed and near completion.

  • Report from Community Network Meeting, if available:  No meetings held.

  • Parish Council Vacancy (1) to advertise for the co-option of a Councillor:  The notices for 
               co-option had been displayed.  Councillors will consider applicants at the next meeting.

  • Providing a defibrillator for the parish – to agree a location / date for training:  Cllr R Clarke had obtained information from the British Heart Foundation who may provide a donation towards the purchase costs.  Councillors authorised Cllr R Clarke to obtain the necessary forms, liase with the Clerk and complete.  The landlord of the public house will be thanked for offering to house this equipment, but Councillors agreed the most suitable location would be at the Post Office / Shop.  Cllr D Masters agreed to arrange for the required electrical work to be carried out.
The Clerk will place and order for a defibrillator.  A donation box will be placed in the post office / shop should members of the public be interested in supporting the purchase / running costs.
A local resident had expressed an interest in carrying out a sponsored bike ride to raise funds.

  • Replacing / relocating the bus shelter in the village (opposite the pub):  It was agreed that the siting of a bus shelter to the opposite side of the road from the existing structure, on the pavement outside the St Mabyn Inn would be practical.  Children already waited on this side of the road to catch the school bus.  Enquiries will be made with Cornwall Council to assist with this project in providing a new shelter.
It was reported that a vehicle left behind the existing shelter had no current road fund licence and the car had a flat tyre.  Cllr R Chadwick offered to contact the vehicle owner.

12.  Parish Matters / Any other Business:  
  • Village Troughs – Councillors accepted the generous offer from a parishioner willing to re-plant flowers in the troughs.
  • Parking at The Cresent – It was noted that there were no allocated parking spaces at The Cresent and any issues relating to parking in the area was a matter for Cornwall Housing and not the Parish Council.
  • St Mabyn Inn – The subject of visitors to the public house thought to be drinking and driving the following day was noted. 

13.  Date of next Meeting:  Tuesday, 2nd December 2014.

14.  To close the Meeting:  There being no further business and no closed session required, the meeting closed at 9.44pm.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog Directory for Bodmin, Cornwall Top Resources Blogs