St Mabyn Village News

News from the village of St.Mabyn in North Cornwall...

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Parish Council meeting minutes January 2015

Minutes of the Meeting of St Mabyn Parish Council held on Tuesday, 6th January 2015 in the Memorial Hall, St Mabyn at 7.30pm.

Present:  Cllrs. M Grigg (Chairman), Mrs A Martin (Vice Chairman), Mrs P Lloyd, Mrs C Bray, D Masters,
R Chadwick, A Finnamore, R Clark, M Menhenitt (Arrived at 7.44pm)

Also attending:  Mrs J Hoskin (Parish Clerk)
Eight members of the public                

1.Public Session:     The Chairman opened the meeting by wishing everyone  a Happy New Year and invited the members of the public to address the Council, if they so wished.
Local resident Mrs B Flint reported on the noise coming from the agricultural machinery / driers at Burlerrow Farm and the impact from the dust of the machine.        

Mr & Mrs Abbott reported on the decision by Cornwall Council to refuse their Planning Application PA14/10397 and the Parish Councils responses to this application.

Mr Stuart Renshaw (School Academy) and Mrs Karen Holmes (St Mabyn School Headteacher) spoke about options to re-open the pre-school in St Mabyn, and further plans for the future,  initially starting with Phase 1 to re-open the pre-school in the village once certain improvements at the Memorial Hall (fencing / safeguarding issues) had been made.. Phase 2 included plans to create a car park for users of the school, church, hall and public. Phase 3 would then develop purpose built premises for the pre-school  moving the facility into a building adjacent to the school grounds.  However there needed to be an agreement with the Diocese to lease the land, and development costs and ongoing running costs had to be met, and depending on the final annual rent it was hoped this could be financially supported by the Parish Council, Hall, School and Church.  Plans were only in the infancy stage although it was hoped the plans for the Academy would be supported and the pre-school could be re-opened with the next few months.  
Cllr D Masters stated that he was meeting Western Power who are proposing to alter services over the old canteen site and this may be advantageous for the creation on a new entrance onto the Glebe land.

The Chairman thanked everyone for attending and closed the public session at 8.10pm having extended the length of time to allow reports to be presented.

(Seven members of the public left the meeting)

At this point of the Meeting Cllr R Clarke notified fellow Councillors of his recent ill health and the likelihood of him not being able to attend meetings for the forthcoming few months.  Councillors expressed their good wishes to Cllr R Clarke and looked forward to his return.  Cllr R Clark left the meeting at 8.15pm.

Cornwall Council:  No report received.

Police – PCSO Linda Thomas notified the Council of two domestic incidents reported over the Christmas period.  An incident involving a dog had also occurred at Colquite Wood.
It was hoped that a meeting could be arranged with a ‘cluster’ of Parish Councils to discuss the way forward with policing and road traffic orders . One order could cover ten different schemes and the cost could be divided between the parishes concerned.
The police surgery dates for 2015 would be published.

2.  Apologies:  There were no apologies for non attendance.

3.  Members Declarations of Interest:  None declared at this stage of the Meeting.

4.  Minutes:  The Minutes of the Meeting held on the 2nd December 2014, as circulated, were approved and signed by the Chairman following the spelling of the name “Mutton’.

The Minutes of the Meeting held on the 16th December 2014, as circulated, were approved and signed by the Chairman.

5.  Matters Arising:
Meeting – 2nd December 2014:  
Item 12 a) Highway Matters.  Cllr M Menhenitt reported that some potholes had been filled.

Meeting – 16th December 2014:  There were no matters arising from these minutes.

6.  Planning Applications:  There were no applications presented by the Planning Committee or tabled for consideration at this meeting.

Planning Matters:  
PA14/10397  The Clerk reported on the refusal for Mr & Mrs Abbotts planning application (reported under Item 1 of this meeting).  Also the history of the site was noted with the refusal of outline planning for a dwelling in 2012 (PA12/12041) and the pre-planning advice given by the Planning Department in June 2012 (PA12/01600).  

Burlerrow FarmDevelopment of building for Michantus operations: Following the report under Item 1 of this meeting the Chairman agreed to again contact Mr Mutton (owner).  It was noted that operations were to change in relation to the machinery and fans used.

St Mabyn Inn – It was reported that following the refurbishment of the public house the soakaway was now running alongside the public footpath in the Glebe field.  A sealed manhole cover had not been installed and this caused a bad odour in the surrounding atmosphere.  Cllr A Finnamore will contact the landlord of the public house.

7.  Accounts / Financial Matters:  The Council approved the cheque payments presented.  The finance report is issued as Part 2 of these minutes.

8.  CC LMP Footpaths:  The Contractor was currently unable to complete the trimming work.  Councillors were happy for this work to be deferred and agreed there was no urgency for completion.

9.  Playing Field:  Cllr A Finnamore gave a verbal report on recent inspections with no urgent matters to report.
The Clerk will arrange for the Outdoor Play People to attend a site meeting to discuss options for replacing the “A” frame tyre swing.
The Chairman had made arrangements for the boundary hedges to be trimmed and this work would be carried out in better weather conditions.
Cllr R Chadwick offered to carry out forthcoming inspections. 
Councillors discussed the renewal of the grass cutting contract with effect from the 1st April 2015 and agreed to place this item on the agenda for the next meeting.


10.  Correspondence:
  • Mr Ron Heath – Further correspondence had been received from Mr Ron Heath. Deferred to a closed session at the end of this meeting. 

11.  To Agree / Discuss:
  • Provision of a Parish Council notice board in Station Road – update:  The board was nearing completion.
  • Report from Community Network Meeting, if available:  The Clerk presented information from the meeting held on the 11th December 2014.
  • Parish Council Vacancy:  Deferred to a closed session at the end of this meeting.
  • Providing a defibrillator for the parish – update:  Money raised by the landlord at the St Mabyn Inn had reached almost £500.  The Post Office / Shop had offered to have a collection box in the store.  Cllr R Clark was unable to pursue funding from the British Heart Foundation and Cllr Mrs C Bray agreed to continue with this.  It was suggested that the Wadebridge Lions be asked to make a financial contribution.
  • Replacing / relocating the bus shelter in the village (opposite the pub):  Cormac had been asked to attend a site meeting to discuss options available.

  • Provision of a Car Park for Village:  Reported under Item 1 of this meeting.   
Councillors were aware that adaptions to the Hall were needed to enable the pre-school to return and this would include erecting a fence at the front of the building, that will require the entrance to the public toilets being changed.  The Hall Committee were meeting on the 
8th January 2015 and will contact the Parish Council should plans progress.
It was felt that more information should be provided before the Parish Council will consider entering into any agreement for the development of a car park.

12.  Parish Matters / Any other Business:
  • Potholes had appeared in the area outside the public house leading to the church steps.  This will be reported to Cornwall Council.
  • Overgrown hedges in the village were again reported and the owners will be notified.

13.  Date of next Meeting:  Tuesday, 3rd February 2015.

14.  To close the Meeting to the public.  Closed session if required.
There being no further business for this meeting the Chairman closed the proceedings at 9.43pm 
asking Councillors to remain for a closed session. (Minutes separately recorded)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog Directory for Bodmin, Cornwall Top Resources Blogs