Minutes of the St Mabyn Parish Council Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday, 6th May 2014 in the Memorial Hall, St Mabyn at 7.30pm.
Present: Cllrs. A Finnamore, M Grigg, Mrs A Martin, Mrs P Lloyd, Mrs C Bray, D Masters, S Collop, M Menhneitt, R Clark.
Also attending: Mrs J Hoskin (Parish Clerk) Two members of the public (to include resident Mrs Helen Barratt)
1.Public Session: Cllr A FInnamore invited the members of the public to address the Council if they so wished.
It was reported that the Council had received no further news about the monitoring of traffic speed along Station Road. Mrs Barrett, on behalf of the Memorial Hall Committee, supported the suggestion by the Police Neighbourhood Officer to use the Hall as a venue to meet with members of the public, and stated that the Hall would be available without charge. Mrs Barrett would discuss this with the Hall Committee at the next meeting. Cllr A Finnamore reported that nothing further had transpired from the comments made by PCSO Linda Thomas since she last attended a Parish Council meeting, but this matter along with other issues would be pursued.
As a representative of the Hall Committee Mrs Barrett was asked to ensure that copies of the Committees minutes and agenda be sent to Cllr M Grigg, or via the Parish Clerk.
Mrs Barrett asked why the agenda was not published on the parish website. The agendas had not been put onto the website and this was a matter for the Council to consider.
Cornwall Council: No report received.
Police: No report received.
2. Apologies for non attendance were received from Cllr. R Chadwick.
3. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman for the forthcoming year:
Cllr A Finnamore thanked the Council for their support as Chairman over the past years and stated that he didi not wish to be nominated for the position for 2014/2015.Cllrs D Masters and M Grigg, on behalf of the Council, thanked Cllr Finnamore for his work and commitment to the position of Chairman.
Chairman – It was proposed by Cllr A FInnamore and seconded by Cllr Mrs A Martin that Cllr M Grigg be elected as Chairman. There were no other nominations, all were in favour. Cllr M Grigg accepted the position.
(The members of the public left the meeting)
Vice Chairman – It was proposed by Cllr A Finnamore and seconded by Cllr M Grigg that Cllr Mrs A Martin be elected as Vice Chairman. There were no other nominations. All were in favour. Cllr Mrs A Martin accepted the position.
4. Election of Committees for the forthcoming year – Planning / Staffing Committee:
It was agreed that the following Councillors be elected onto the Planning and Staffing Committees.
Planning – Cllrs Mrs C Bray, M Grigg, Mrs A Martin, D Masters, S Collop.
Staffing – Chairman and Vice Chairman, S Collop, A Finnamore (Cllr R Clark to stand in if required).
5. Members Declaration of Interest: None declared at this stage of the Meeting.
6. Minutes: The Minutes of the Meeting held on the 1st April 2014, as circulated, were confirmed and signed by the Chairman.
The Clerk was asked to forward the approved minutes to the St Mabyn website within 5 days of the meeting.
7. Matters Arising:
Item 6 – Planning Applications PA14/01709: Cllr Mrs C Bray reported that the planning committee had dealt with this matter – application to relax Condition 3 to allow extra static caravans.
Item 12a) Longstone Crossroads: Cllr Mrs A Martin suggested that a delegation of the Parish Council meet with Cllr J Rowe (Cornwall Council) if necessary to pursue this matter.
Item 12c) Overgrown Hedge: Cllr D Masters had identified the landowner of the overgrown hedge in Station Road.
8. Planning Applications / Planning Matters: There were no applications presented for consideration at this meeting and no decisions reported.
Planning Matter PA14/01709 reported under Item 7 of this meeting.
9. Accounts / Financial Matters: Councillors approved the cheque payments presented. The finance report is issued as Part 2 of these minutes.
Audit of Accounts for 2014/2015: The Clerk notified the Council that the audit was being completed on the 9th May 2014.
10. CC LMP Footpaths: It was agreed that contractor David Barnes be asked to trim the paths starting late June / early July 2014 depending on the growing season.
11. Playing Field – Annual ROSPA Inspection Report / monthly inspection report:
Cllr R Chadwick, unable to attend this meeting, had passed on a verbal report that noted the dumping of builders sand / rubble in the top corner of the field. Cllr M Menhenitt and R Clark offered to look at this. Cllr R Clark offered to complete the inspections for the forthcoming month.
It was noted that in the current growing conditions the grass cuttings needed to be removed from the field. It was agreed that the grass be monitored by the Councillor carrying out the inspections who will advise the Clerk to inform the contractor if and when the grass is to be removed. Contents of the ROSPA report were noted.
Cormac – The Clerk had received an email from Cormac asking for clarification of the owner of the property or driver of the white van parking on the verge at Greenwix.
Middle Treworder Solar Farm – Inviting the Parish Council to elect a representative on to the panel to decide on the allocation of funds from the solar farm (Egloshayle parish). The Clerk and Cllr Mrs A Martin will attend meetings.
13. To Agree / Discuss:
Cornwall Council Community Network Meeting. No meetings to report. Cllrs Mrs P Lloyd and
R Clark agreed to attend the next meeting along with the Clerk and Cllr A Martin, if available.
Provision of Parish Council notice board in Station Road: The Clerk had received confirmation from Cornwall Council (Cormac) that they have no objections to the installation of a new notice board. Cllr D Masters offered to check for any underground cables before installation. It was agreed that the parish notice board outside the Memorial Hall be relocated to the new position in Station Road. Cllr S Collop offered to re-varnish the board and Cllr M Menhenitt will arrange for it to be moved.
14. Parish Matters / Any other Business:
Hall Committee Meeting – It was noted that the next Hall Committee meeting was being held on the 29th May 2014. Also discussed under Item 1 of this meeting.
Dog Fouling – Dog fouling continued with the area at school lane being particularly bad. Cllr S Collop reported a problem with dogs being allowed to run off the public footpath near his home and onto his land.
Neighbourhood Plan – Item to be placed on the agenda for the next meeting.
Provision of a car park – Item to be placed on the agenda for the next meeting . Cllr M Grigg to update the Council on any further progress with this matter.
15. Date of next Meeting: Tuesday, 3rd June 2014 It was agreed that this meeting would start at 8.00pm.
16. To close the Meeting: There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.05pm. Councillors were asked to remain for a closed session.
17. Closed Session : Staffing Committee to report on Clerks Annual Appraisal – The Chairman reported on the Clerks appraisal and discussions held. A copy of the appraisal was circulated amongst Councillors. It was agreed that an Item “Clerks Report’ be placed on the agenda to allow the Clerk to report on any issues / matters / training / meetings attended etc.
The meeting closed at 9.15pm.